Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A New Dress

I finished my dress idea for my little girls today. I worked on it last night until 1 a.m. and had to finish it this morning but I have mixed feelings about how it turned out.
I took an Old Navy T-Shirt, a vintage cotton pillowcase, and I indulged my current passion for red and white with some red and white fabric I found at Joann fabrics - not too inspired, but instantly gratifying.

I created my own redwork pattern for the top based on a Tasha Tudor drawing, and it turned out ok - I don't have much experience with embroidery, and it shows.

Then I joined them all together appropriately, using the pillowcase as a petticoat, and although there are some definite issues with puckering and the like, I'm enjoying the effect, and although I'll never let either of the twins actually wear it because of the stain magnet tendency they have, I'll try it on one or both when they get home from preschool today. For now it is lovely just hanging on my bedroom door.

What a terrible picture. I think I have the up-too-late shakes.